16 March 2017

Green & A Glimmer of Gold - Daring Cardmakers Challenge


Happy Friday!

At the end of last year I made a personal challenge to be more organised with my workload.  As a consequence, I started making my Mother's Day cards in January, which is early for me.  I have a couple left to do and one for my Mum too, as I sold the card I'd made for her!  Well, someone saw it, wanted it and I couldn't say no.  Plus it's gone to another Mum.  I will make her an even better one........

As it's St Patricks Day, Lythan set the challenge of using green and gold on our cards.  I used an old Stampin Up set which has a favourite sentiment of mine.  I heat embossed the flowers and sentiment in gold then coloured in the flowers using my alcohol markers.  I fussy cut the flowers and arranged them on my card.  I finished by adding glitter washi tape along the bottom, well, it's been a while hasn't it?!  I miss glitter if I don't use it at least once a week on a project........


The sentiment is completed inside the card:


For further inspiration and to enter the challenge please go to the Daring Cardmakers Blog.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

Enjoy the sunshine!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Stampin Up Set - Mother's Love 
Ranger Embossing Powder
Trimcraft First Edition Markers
Everything else from my stash


23 comments:

  1. I love how you've interpreted this challenge, that shade of green is beautiful and the gold text and outlines really draw the attention in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card I love the sentiment. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kathy, I love your interpretation! Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shabneez this is a very beautiful card
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shabneez this is delightful, Mum will be shedding tears the words are so beautiful. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full of glitter, sparkle and love Shabneez!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, beautiful sentiment and love the sparkle from the washi tape. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card for Mothers day Shabneez, love the colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Shabneez. I think that sentiment is fabulous. Haven't made anything for my mum yet, though I have something special planned. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Great shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Shabneez, I love the stamped sentiments!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah ... shabneez what a super mothers day card ... love the sentiment and love the words inside too unfortunately this is the 3rd year I have not had my mum and still miss her every day ... still have mother-in-law with us tho so still have a card to make ... hope your weekend is good ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this elegant card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card Shabneez, love the words and the colour xx Janis xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Shabneez, that touch of gold really makes it stand out

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card for the challenge and I love the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Shabneez....Love the pretty flowers and colours...great make...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Shabneez, such lovely colours and classy....Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and what a beautiful sentiment.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fresh and pretty Shabneez, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Shabneez and I adore the sentiment :) Hugs - Debs x

    ReplyDelete