27 October 2017

Blended Backgrounds - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It's come around even quicker than usual with the half term holiday and we have another week to go.

On with the new Daring Cardmakers challenge and Nat has chosen blended backgrounds so no excuses not to join in as you can make your own backgrounds with soooooo many different mediums.  This challenge took me a lot longer than anticipated as I did one using my distress oxides but decided it wasn't quite right and instead of faffing about with it I thought it would be easier to start again.  Does that happen to you?  So, I began again with distress inks as I have ore of them (still saving up for more of the distress oxides).



I used an acrylic block and put my inks on then smooshed watercolour paper over it.  I then sprayed feather stamps with water and stamped them on to the background.  Finally, I heat embossed a trio of dot stamps with clear embossing power and that's my blended background with a couple of twists thrown in!



I finished the card with a die cut sentiment and some enamel dots.

There are lots of brilliant creations by the DT HERE so I hope you'll take a look and join in!

See you again soon!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Ranger Enamel Accents
Versamark Ink Pad
Tonic Nuvo Clear Embossing Powder
Sarah Hurley Dreams & Plans Stamp Set
Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits
All adhesives from Stix 2 Anything
Everything else from my stash

18 comments:

  1. Stunning card and background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and love the background...my favourite colours .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background on this beautiful card Shabneez
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a stunning birthday card I love the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Shabneez. The background is beautiful and I love the Birthday Wishes die cut. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background Shabneez, love the colours used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background you have created and I love the colour combination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous background Shabneez. A great card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shabneez this is gorgeous! I am so with you on the "start again" approach if it just isn't working. I'm definitely no expert at blending Distress Inks or DIY backgrounds, it took me longer than I thought it would to get the backgrounds for my cards just how I wanted them. Mind you part of the fun is the creative journey.. hehe :)
    Just love how vibrant your colours came out with the Distress Inks - such a happy card to receive in the post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Shabneez. A gorgeous coloured background and I love the die cut sentiment.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happens to me all the time Shabneez...lol
    I love what you have created it's a great card, I haven't invested in any oxides yet, trying to resist....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours Shabneez! Love the die cut detail!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Shabneez. The feather stamping looks amazing and the colours are stunning. Hope you are enjoying half term. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This background is so beautiful Shabneez. What a stunning effect you acheived

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft effect of the water-stamped feathers on the blended background Shabneez - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful - I looooove those colours!

    ReplyDelete