09 March 2018

Getting to Know You - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I love Fridays.  No matter what sort of a week you've had you know you get to have a break from the norm over the weekend.

Over on the Daring Cardmakers, Dawn has set the challenge this week and she's asked what techniques you enjoy as a crafter and where you craft.  This was tough as I enjoy many techniques and I can't really narrow it down to one but for this post I've chosen die cutting as I treated myself to a couple of new dies and used them on this creation.


I ordered the scrabble tile letters as soon as I saw them but had to wait a couple of weeks for them to come into stock and I can see them being very useful.  The Mother's Day die was one I saw on a creation by a lady who came to see me at a demo last week.  I really enjoy seeing other people's creations and sharing ideas.

I've used stitched dies both for the circle and the grass as well and used an embossing folder for the background, inking over it to add extra texture. 

The wellington boot, sticker flowers, brads and papers are all from a Doodlebug kit I bought a long time ago.  I'm a big fan of vibrant colours so this collection was ideal for me!

Before I go, I better answer the second question about where I craft.  I really wish I could say I have a craft room but I can't.  I craft on the dining room table.  I need a table and structure to craft although I do all my die cutting on the floor.  I make a lot of mess when I craft and needless to say I have to tidy up afterwards as best as I can.....

I'd love to see what your favourite techniques are and where you craft so please join in with the Challenge and you can find more inspiration from the Design Team HERE.

Have a lovely weekend and for those of you celebrating Mother's Day - enjoy!

Shabneez

Products Used:
Trimcraft First Edition Alphabet Tile Dies
Doodlebug Kit
Cut & Make Mini Die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle and Border Dies
Everything else from my stash






20 comments:

  1. Super card, Shabneez, great design and I love the bright colours. The alphabet tile dies have been on my wishlist since the first time I saw them online. After seeing them on your card, they've just moved further up my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and beautiful Shabneez!
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, gorgeous colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I love the colours and the dies you have used. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these bright colours and your super card Shabneez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely vivid colours on this Shabneez, a really happy-looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and gorgeous colours, defo brightened up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new dies and the gorgeous bright colours, a beautiful Mother's Day card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a beautiful card Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Shabneez, so bright and cheerful.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Shabneez, I love the bright colours. Those tile dies look amazing, I think you have persuaded me to buy them. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card so bright and cheerful and I do love those tile dies. I don't have a craft room either but I do like creating on the floor as I can spread my mess about. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Mother's day card Shabneez, love the papers and wonderful scrabble tiles.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and gorgeous colours Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a bright and fun spring card. I like your new dies and how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vivid colours, and your new die set looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab! Love those bright colours, they really cheered me up after a long day in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like you I craft on my dining room table lol. Also like you I have to tidy up after each and every crafty session which I hate doing, so now when hubbys on earlies I start to craft the evening before as he goes to bed early. I then craft for a couple of hours and don't need to tidy up before going to bed, then in the morning (if I'm up to it) I have breakfast then start crafting again before having to put it away again that afternoon. I despise this lol. I hope it won't be for much longer as I've had electricity put in my summer house and this summer when hubbys off work for a week he's promised to insulate it properly so I can the go in there. And NEVER have to tidy up after myself again...EVER lol. Xxx

    ReplyDelete