16 March 2018

Watch The Birdie! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

Just got back from a Drop In session at school where we got to see what my eldest son has been up to.  It's a good idea to have these drop in sessions as not only do you get to see what the children have been doing in lessons, but it's really motivational for them to show you their achievements.   Plus, as it's first thing parents can come in before they go to work.

On with this week's Challenge for the Daring Cardmakers which I have set.  As the title suggests I would love to see a bird on your creation either as a focal point or embellishment, die cut or stamped.  Lots of choices so I do hope you'll join in and there's some amazing inspiration from the Design Team HERE.


As you can see, I've gone a little tropical for my creation, obviously thinking of the warmth and sunshine that you associate with it!

I've used the new First Edition Tropical Die set and added coloured card through the die cut image of the toucan - paper piecing using dies.  The addition of a tiny gemstone for the eye gives me my bling fix.  I've die cut some leaves to create foliage for the toucan to sit on.  A mini paper doily and die cut sentiment finish the card.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I will be doing a Trimcraft demo at the The Range in Thurrock on Sunday which I am looking forward.

See you again soon,
Shabneez

Products Used:
First Edition Tropical Die Set
Nature's Grace Doilies
First Edition Hello Baby Paper Pad
Dovecraft Happy Birthday Die

21 comments:

  1. Love his tropical foliage perch and the little gem definitely gives him a twinkle in his eye! Fab card and great theme for the challenge, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card that bird is fantastic and I love the leaves. The card has a lovely tropical feel. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Shabneez.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the colours and the doily frames the bird beautifully.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Shabneez, I love the tropical theme.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Shabneez, brilliant image.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fun card Shabneez, definitely makes me think of warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card to brighten the weekend. Love the tropical colours and fabulous tucan.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous, brightly coloured card Shabneez, I love it!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fun card, love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh this is stunning Shabneez, those dies look fabulous and your design is great. I love going into school with my children, sounds like you do too. Cathh x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful, striking card, Shanneez. What a fabulous bird! The tiny gem eye is a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this tropical card - everything works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the vibrancy of this one - just for a moment I felt the hot sun of the tropics and then reality hit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all these great colours on your card Shabneez. You always do such great cards. I also love everything #Trimcraft. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one really put me in a holiday-mood - looove those colours!

    ReplyDelete