13 July 2018

A Sporting Chance - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

The Summer holidays have begun my end but not before a very memorable event to end the term.  My eldest's class held an Afternoon Tea for all the class parents and it really was an extremely well organised event.  The children went shopping for the ingredients, made sandwiches and served everyone with such big smiles.  It was truly wonderful.

Over on the Daring Cardmakers Kathy has set the challenge this week and what with the football and tennis being prevalent at the moment she's asked for a sport on our cards.  There are some brilliant cards on the blog HERE by my fellow DT members.

I decided to use this opportunity to make a card for a very good friend of my son's who is a competitive swimmer.  His birthday is coming up next month so I feel really good as I'm ahead of myself!


I've used a Hunkydory Kit that I bought with the recipient in mind.  It's decoupage although you can't tell so well from the photo although I did try!  I added card candi and the number 10.

Right, I am now off to visit my Aunt.  Boys love spending time there too and it'll be a break from the norm for me too.

Hope you'll join in with the challenge this week and have a great weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Hunkydory Decoupage Kit
Card Candi
Dovecraft Number Dies
Everything else from my stash



19 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant male card Shabneez...great image....hope you and your beautiful family are well?....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I have so many Hunkydory Kits and never use them but I sure love the outcome of this one...You can see it's decoupage as the image 'stands' out more than usual. Have a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decoupage image, wonderful card for a swimming fan.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card.
    The afternoon tea sounded fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shabneez love your super birthday card … very clever with the reflection in the water well done … your afternoon tea party at school sounds fun … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card Shabneez, I love Hunkydory kits and this one sounds perfect for your son's friend.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Shabneez. Enjoy the hols.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card - I’m sure the recipient will be amazed when they recieve it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card for your son's swimming friend! I am sure he cannot help but be impressed with this!! Super decoupage.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card for a 10 year old Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card Shabneez. The colourway and image are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Shabneez, just perfect for the recipient x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just adore this! Love the vintage lido sort of feel with those colours

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see the decoupage depth! Looks great Shabneez, tailoring to the recipient like this is a lovely thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card, great layout. Creative Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant design, Shabneez, it will be perfect for your son's friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super card Shabneez. Hope the family are all keeping well. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete