17 August 2018

What's Cooking? - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

This week's Daring Cardmaker is very apt as I spent a lot of time cooking yesterday in readiness for a number of visitors.  My Dad has cousins all over the world and a couple of families from Canada and Australia happened to be in London at the same time so I hosted a bit of a reunion yesterday.  It was a joy hearing all their childhood tales and to see them reminisce.  

This week's Challenge has been set by Joanne who has asked for an item of food to be incorporated on our cards as well as extra brownie points for using an item from the kitchen.  


I opted for a summer fruit - the strawberry.  I used really old backing papers that have strawberries on too.  All the dies I hadn't used before but had for some time.  I felt quite ashamed it took me so long to use them but I was equally pleased I had!  I didn't use anything from the kitchen for my card but my Team mates have been very imaginative and you can see their makes and join in with the challenge HERE.

I hope you have a really good weekend whatever you do.

See you again soon!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Spellbinders Market Fresh - Aren't You Sweet Die
Sizzix Border Die
Dienamics Stitched Circle Die
K&Co Backing Paper
Pearls by Trimcraft
Everything else from my stash

20 comments:

  1. Sweet as can be Shabneez. Fabulous design!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet birthday card, Love all the die cuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a stunning card I love it. You have been very busy. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your strawberry card. The papers may be old, but they are fab, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers and wonderful summer design on this card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful summery card, Shabneez. The patterned paper makes a perfect background for your delicious strawberry.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family, how lovely that they were all able to catch up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card Shabneez, such a fabulous summer design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really colourful card , love the sentiment- clever!!The backing papers are really pretty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty summer card with the gorgeous strawberries and fun sentiment. Great card for the food theme.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous summery card Shabneez, I love the dies you have used.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Shabneez, I'm really shocked at the stuff I haven't used yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bright and summery card, the strawberries look fabulous. I also love the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really bright and happy card Shabneez, love a punny sentiment too! Good to hear you had such a lively time with visiting family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A yummy card Shabneez - lovely colours.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete