07 September 2018

September Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy September!

Well the boys are back at school and it's so quiet in the house now.  However I do admit that I can get a lot more work done in their absence as much as I miss them.  Thankfully they've both settled back really well and if they're happy so am I :)

Being the first Friday in September means it's the Elemental Challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers.  I have chosen the board this time and you will see that it has a lot of summer elements on it as I really can't let go of summer - not just yet!


For my card I used a cacti die set and created the background with distress inks.  I mounted it on to a blue background and drew white waves with a gel pen to copy one of the elements below.  I added a die cut word to finish.


This is the Elemental Board I've chosen and I'm sure you can see where the inspiration from my card came from using the cactus, flowers, waves and colours.  You only need to use 3 elements so I hope you'll join in.  You'll find more inspiration from my DT colleagues can be found HERE.

I have a Trimcraft Demo on Sunday at The Range in Maidstone so if you are local please come in to say hello and see the latest products and ideas I have to share.

Have a great weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Sizzix Thinlits Cacti Dies
Sizzix Stitched Oval Thinlit Dies
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
White gel pen
Everything else from my stash

13 comments:

  1. Sweet card and love the little cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Summer colour palette chnosen and I love the cute flowering cacti, gorgeous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous die cuts and detail Shabneez!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Shabneez, have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Shabneez, such a great design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy looking card Shabneez. Lovely colours, cute cactus and fabulous design xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fabulous card here, all the dies and colours are just brilliant...our summer is coming down under so I can't wait...love the outdoors.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like, i like lol. I didn't realise gel pens stood out quite like that. Maybe I'm using mine wrong then (or they're just rubbish gel pens hahaha) great card Shabneez, glad the kiddies are settled at school. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card -love the bright colours and that cute cactus! Lovely design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great theme Shabneez and a fabulous card. I miss the summer already but my boys are enjoying school too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cactus card Shabneez, something very different!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Shabneez, great image and I love the bright colours. xx

    ReplyDelete