16 November 2018

Gift Tags, Toppers and Labels - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How's your week been?  I have a list longer than my arm today but I am determined to get as much done as possible.  The boys have gone dressed to school in spots to raise money for Children In Need.  It was a welcome sight seeing all the brightly dressed children this morning - just what I needed to cheer me up on a wet and miserable day.

Today is the first of the Step Away from the Cards challenge set by the Daring Cardmakers before Christmas.  This week's challenge is to come up with a gift tag, topper or label.   I decided on a tag.  I had some packaging lying around for recycling so I thought I'd start with that and die cut a tag.  I love the texture corrugated card gives.  I went over the card with inks - you can just about see the gold and the burgundy around the edges just to make it pop a little.


My tag continued to be made up using items I had on the table.  I was in the midst of clearing up but then decided I had better get this done so used what I had out.  I had been working with my Go Press and Foil machine so had a sentiment ready.  I added a die cut tree backing onto a shiny gold doily.


My next layer was a wooden frame and finally I added a wooden tree embellishment on which I went over with the edges with some ink.  To finish I had kept a gold tassel on the table thinking I could use it at some point and it worked well don't you agree?  I hope you'll join in with the Challenge - more details and inspiration HERE.

I'm off to tick this blog post off my to-do list - it's so satisfying seeing those ticks build up!  

Have a lovely weekend and see you again soon.
Shabneez 

Products Used:
Sizzix Tag Collection Dies
Dovecraft Gold Doilies
Trimcraft Wooden Frame
Trimcraft Wooden Tree Embellishment
TODO Peace & Joy Hotfoil Stamp
Couture Tree Die
Versamagic Chalk Ink
Go Press & Foil Machine
Everything else from my stash

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Shabneez, love the use of the cardboard giving the tag texture. The gold foiling adds a luxery feel and the traditional colours are great.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant tag. Love the layers. Hope you get everything done and that the boys have a great Children in need day at school

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous with the gold, it really pops out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift tag, love the layers and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!
    I love the way you've used lots of bits and pieces and built up the layers - I never know what to do with those doilies, so I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture on your tag Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning tag I love all the details you have added. I have to do list that just seems to get longer. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant Shabneez. Wonderful detailed work.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tag Shabneez, lots of super details.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of layers and the result is amazing.cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant tag, Shabneez. I love all the texture and the gold gives the tag a lovely luxurious look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely combination of different elements on this fabulous tag Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great collection of elements for a stylish tag with just a hint of rustic flavour, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely festive elements, love it. x

    ReplyDelete