02 November 2018

November Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy November!

I can't believe it's November already can you?  We've had a lovely week of half term being out and about about visiting family and friends.

Being the first Friday of the month it's the Elemental Challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers.  It's the first of the festive challenges on a countdown to Christmas so hope it'll inspire your Christmas projects.


I've used the Dovecraft Time to Sparkle collection for my card, choosing a couple of  the papers from the pad and matt and layering with black.  The NOEL is from the First Edition alphabet tiles which are a firm favourite of mine as they're so versatile - one of my best buys of 2018.  Twine and a snowflake brad finishes it off.  The topper made me think of a snow globe as I was constructing it.  What do you think?


This is the mood board Kathy has chosen and I love the elements on it.  It was difficult deciding what to choose but I ended up using the colours, the Noel sentiment, twine and checks.  You only need to use 3 elements in your challenge.  Lots more inspiration from my fellow DT members can be found HERE.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Shabneez 

Products Used: 
Dovecraft Time to Sparkle Paper Pad
Dovecraft Time to Sparkle Snowflake Embellishments
First Edition Alphabet Tile Dies
American Crafts Twine
Dovecraft The Magic Of Christmas Die Set
MFT Dienamics Stitched Arch Dies
Everything else from my stash



18 comments:

  1. A great card using some of the elements of the mood board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Shabneez, love the papers and gorgeous design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very striking card. love the contrast with the papers and black card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a very beautiful card Shabneez love it

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card Shabneez. Fabulous design and gorgeous papers. The black elements add an elegant touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design of your card Shabneez, fabulous colours too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab designed card as per usual Shabneez, I love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd assumed a snow globe was planned Shabneez!
    I do love the way those patterned papers work so perfectly for the inspiration picture, Love the twine and snowflake brad detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Shabneez, love the stag.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely take in the inspiration pic, I agree on the snow globe thought - it’s what I thought of before I read your description!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Christmas card Shabneez, love that paper collection x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Shabneez - great choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creation Shabneez.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi my friend, really love this card, simple, full of Christmas cheer and easy to post...wonderful.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning and I love how you have created the snow globe, such a fabulous idea. x

    ReplyDelete