08 December 2018

Using Stencils to Create Christmas Card Toppers - CrafTangles DT

Happy Weekend!

I'm so very glad the weekend is here although I'm actually teaching for most of the day today.  I'm up on the CrafTangles blog with a post on making your own Christmas toppers for cards.


I had a bit of a production line going and to begin with I die cut some shapes and made all the toppers using images from a stencil together with distress inks.


For all the cards I used the Trimcraft First Edition Jolly Holidays papers as backgrounds.  It's definitely one of my favourite paper pads this winter.


So for my first card I gave the Christmas tree and ombre effect and added washi tape, lime green card and a sentiment to finish.


For my next card I used the fun candy cane image and created 3 toppers adding a sentiment to finish.

My final card uses the deer image which I inked in milled lavender and weathered wood distress inks.  I really liked the subtle effect it gave to the topper.


I finished off with a sentiment and co-ordinating papers.

There's more of an in depth tutorial HERE if you want to know more about how I created these cards.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and hopefully see you next week!
Shabneez

Products Used:
First Edition Jolly Holidays Paper Pad
CrafTangles Christmas Elements Stencil
CrafTangles Christmas Ornaments Stamp Set
CrafTangles Seasons Greetings Stamp Set
Ranger Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral, Peacock Feathers, Weathered Wood, Milled Lavender, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron
Everything else from my stash

12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Shabneez, love the stencilling. I hope you had a fabulous birthday.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards - clean and simple, but so effective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Shabneez, pretty papers and lovely contemporary designs.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these contemporary cards, especially the black and lime one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous designs and oh so perfect for posting..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely festive cards Shabneez!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning set of cards. I love them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love these Shabneez, great combinations x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shabneez just love your Christmas card … so nice to see different colours … well done … hope you had a great birthday … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete