15 February 2019

Alphabet Soup - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How was your Valentine's Day yesterday? My almost 7 year old asked me whether Daddy was my Valentine and I replied that this year it would be him for a change.  He thought for a while then said he loved me but wasn't in love with me.  I thought that was rather a profound statement for someone so young....

On with the Daring Cardmakers Challenge and this week Sylvia has chosen 'Alphabet Soup' as the theme so you need to use words or numbers as the focus for your card.  The same child I spoke about earlier celebrates his birthday this weekend so this was the perfect challenge for me to make his card.


I chose vibrant colours and used a number 7 die to form the number in die cuts.  This was one of those cards I chose the elements but wasn't sure whether it would come together and as a consequence it took me longer than envisaged to design, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Hopefully the recipient will like his card.  He's having a party so I have a lot to prepare and then a day out during the week as it's half term so it should be fun.

You can find lots more wonderful inspiration from my fellow team mates HERE and I hope you'll join in.

Enjoy your weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Dovecraft Back to Basics Over The Rainbow Pad
Sizzix Dainty Birthday Numbers Die Set
Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Notes Frame It Stitched Rectangles
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Die Set
Evertyhing else from my stash


15 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fun birthday weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful colourful card. I'm sure everyone will have a real fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Shabneez, love the design very clever. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning Birthday card I love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card today Shabneez. I got s chuckles front what your kid said

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card Shabneez, such a lovely bright and cheerful design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, Shabneez, a very clever design incorporating the 7. Hope you son has a fun time celebrating his birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and design Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design with the combination of numbers and words, I'm sure your son will love it.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alphas and Numerals - trust you to get both on your card. I love this idea for the 7 - looks great.

    Happy Birthday to your Young Man ;) Hope he has a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, so fun, enjoy the party and half term. Love that he knows the diff between being in love and loving someone x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning use of colour and detail Shabneez. I am sure he loved it.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea and enjoy the party.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card for your son, I hope you all enjoyed the celebrations!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete