31 May 2019

Secret Hideaway - Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Happy Friday!

How's your week been?  Half term is in full swing here although it's finishing off homework this morning while Mummy gets her blog post sorted - ha!!!  I'm trying to prepare for Eid which marks the end of the month of fasting as well but not had much luck so far......

Joanne has set the challenge for the Daring Cardmakers this week and she would like to see a card with a hidden element.  This could be an eclipse card, adding a pocket, using a flap etc.  You know this challenge got me thinking as I'd never made an eclipse card so I thought I'd take the opportunity to have a go! 


I used my Create & Craft free May members's gift for the bulk of it as the Ocean Secrets papers pad has elements that can be used as toppers.  


Here in the close up you can see how I used alphabet dies to cut out the letters and added extra dimension not by using foam pads but simply by die cutting extra layers of letters and layering them to give the subtle dimension required.

I'll definitely be making more of these cards now that I've seen how effective they are and I hope I've inspired you to have a go too!  You can see lots of different types of secreta hideaway cards made by the rest of the Design Team HERE.

My Trimcraft demos are continuing and I will be at The Range in Enfield this Sunday from 11am. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Paper Boutique - Ocean Secrets Paper Pad
MFT Little Letter Alphabet Dies
Everything else from my stash



17 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Father's day card Shabneez, love the layers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Dad card Shabneez. Love the theme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Shabneez...great design....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Shabneez. The eclipse effect looks great. Hope you get your Eid preps done - I'm sure you'll agree it's come round so fast!
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great nautical and male card, just brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a card, it's fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Shabneez. Your eclipse technique and effect are wonderful.
    I hope your Eid celebrations go well this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great papers and the "hidden" DAD makes a lovely sophisticated touch - great card! Hope you managed the blog post before the homework got finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously fab card shabneez, I will be trying this soon. I do wish you did video tutorials 😫 like. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you've put this together Shabneez. The beautiful subtle colours are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card Shabneez, I love this technique - a super masculine design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant Father's Day card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely seaside card Shabneez, perfect for Fathers Day.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete