14 June 2019

Come Fly WIth Me - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I realise I've been a little quiet on my blog and social media in general and that's because I have a lot of work on coupled with the final term of the school year so I have got my head down, trying not to get too distracted.

I suppose this blog post ought to come with a warning for anyone that thinks it is too early to share a Christmas card!  I have to admit it does feel a little odd making Christmas cards when it's lovely and sunny outside but as the weathr our end has been dull, wet and miserable so it's not made any difference to me and I've happily transported myself to all things festive and shiny!

Svenja has chosen the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week and wants to see anything that flies on your cards.  I have chosen a robin but decided on non traditional colours.  Glitter and mirri card makes it all the more festive.


Here's a close up of the little robin with all the die cut detail - I admit I wasn't sure if it would work in a colour other than brown but I think I've pulled it off!  The gem for the eye adds an additional sprakle! 


This card happens to be one of a few that will be aired later this morning on the Sweet Dixie Christmas Show on Create & Craft at 2pm.  The die sets are reasonably priced and I can see them being a staple in my personal Christmas card making.

My weekend is a mad one with my teaching starting again coupled with the school summer fete tomorrow and then I have my first Trimcraft demo at The Range in Stevenage on Sunday from 11am.

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you do,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Sweet Dixie Boots & Robin Set
Sweet Dixie Festive Greetings Die Set
Everything else from my stash


19 comments:

  1. Lovely card and all this embossing is just fabulous...Have a lovely weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too early for Christmas in my opinion lol. I love your card and the colours. Have a wonderful weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card and great boots Shabneez
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super Christmas card Shabneez, lovely non traditional colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Chrissy card, I really need to get my head in gear, I've usually started by now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous seasonal card Shabneez, loving the glitter. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card today SHabneez, loving the colors and the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Shabneez, I love your colour choice. Sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning Christmas card. I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Christmas card, love the embossed boots and cute robin. Never too early to start Christmas cards, I am usually last minute in a panic!

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really beautiful card, love the colour tones on this x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great - surprising - take on the theme with unusual colours :-) (And what's not to love about glitter?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours Shabneez, and the dies look fab.

    Just not into the Christmas spirit around here for some reason.... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Shabneez... Robins are my fave bird x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Shabneez....love the robin....and the glitter boots....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of lovely gleam and sparkle - great festive card Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really sweet card Shabneez, and love the sparkle and glam you've added to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shabneez love your untraditional Christmas card those boots are really cool (my granddaughters words not mine lol) … have a great rest of the week hope things quieten down for you … and thank you for visiting me … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete