05 July 2019

July Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy July!

It's been a great week full of sunshine and creativity along with a very memorable Prize Giving for the boys which we attended earlier in the week.  The last scheduled school Sports Day was cancelled due to rain but hopefully the one on Monday will go ahead as the forecast looks to be dry and the boys are looking forward to it.

As it's the first Friday of the month, it's an elemental challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers and I have decided to incorporate the latest Sweet Dixie Time for Tea collection in my post as it fits perfectly.


I made a slight twist on an easel card so it looked more like a table and after matting and layering my papers I die cut a doily die as the base for which to stand my very fancy cup and tea pot.  Of course I had to add a silver spoon too!  The card folds flat for posting and it'll be winging its way to my Mum who is a big tea lover.  The dies are all on Pick of The Week on Create & Craft this week and I was fortunate to make some show samples as well which have been aired.

Below you can see how I have chosen the teapot, the cornflower blue, the spoon and the gingham as my elements from the photo chosen by Dawn.


You can see more inspiration HERE and I hope that you'll join in with this fun challenge.

I have Parent Meetings to prepare for tomorrow and a lot of work so I think it'll be a busy weekend for me!

Enjoy your weekend whatever you do!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Create & Craft Gingham card
Sweet Dixie Teacup, Saucer and Floral Embellishments Die Set
Sweet Dixie Teapot Die
Sweet Dixie Cream Jug, Sugar Bowl and Spoon Die Set
Sweet Dixie Lace Frames Die Set
Craftwork Cards Sentiment
Dovecraft Couture Du Jour Papers
Everything else from my stash



16 comments:

  1. A lovely design with the teapot and cup...gorgeous blue. Have a great weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect afternoon tea card, this is so pretty Shabneez! I'm sure your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Shabneez this is a stunning card that is a very clever design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! I was going to ask how you'd made the card but I know now!!

    But where's the cake? ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, I do love this, have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Shabneez, love the shape! great idea.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW !! Such a fabulous card ! Love the design and colours ..! Great idea .
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this beautiful card Shabneez. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card Shabneez. Clever design, fabulous dimension and pretty colours. I hope your busy weekend is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Shabneez and so will your mom, very clever design x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Shabneez, such a clever idea - so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a dainty looking card - the dies work so well with the table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this. Such a brilliant design and so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super card, Shabneez, such a clever design. xx

    ReplyDelete