13 September 2019

Special Thoughts - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I've had a very productive week and the hightlight was a speech made by the Head of my youngest's school on the difficulties of parenting today.  In particular he mentioned how important family time was, eating at a table together etc and to cut down on time spent on social media etc.  I made a conscious decision this summer to cut down on my phone usage and it has made a great deal of difference.

Anyhow, I digress from the latest Daring Cardmakers challenge which has been set by my friend Dawn.  Sadly she lost he father to cancer recently and wanted to set this challenge to honour his memory in which you can make a card for a loved one or to say you are thinking of someone.



I opted for a sympathy card as I always find them so difficult to do especially at the time I need them so thought I'd make this one for Dawn to say I was thinking of her at this very difficult time.

For this card I decided I wanted to use flowers and a preloved sentiment from a set I'd bought some time ago.  I stamped the flowers on grey card and coloured in with my Chameleon pencils before fussy cutting.  After I decided on the placement of the elements I thought there was too much white space so I took out a CrafTangles stencil and my distress inks to make a subtle background.


I hope you'll join in with the challenge and I will be back with another blog post tomorrow so not long to go!

Enjoy your day!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Avery Elle Stamp Set
CrafTangles Speckles Stencil
Weathered Wood Distress Ink
Pinkfresh Fleur 1 Stamp Set
Chameleon Pencils
Everything else from my stash

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. You card is so lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez, beautiful card, love the colors.
    Sorry to hear about Dawn's father.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow super card shabneez and I love that sentiment well done ... I have just made a sympathy card for a dear friends daughter ... Those cards are very hard to make but yours is amazing xx hope you are well ...happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez your card is gorgeous. Sympathy cards are never easy to make. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Shabneez, your design is perfect for a sympathy card.
    We always make sure we sit at the table and eat as a family, I think it is so important to take time to sit down and talk about the day.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card today, Shabneez, love the idea with the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Shabneez, perfect for the occasion.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sympathy card Shabneez, the soft grey is a perfect colour choice and the stencilling softens the white space beaatifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Shabneez. I love the design and your colour choice - perfect for a sympathy card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Shabneez....we all find them hard to make....but you done a lovely card for your friend Dawn....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete