30 September 2019

Spotlight on Florals Tutorial - Tubby Craft DT

Happy Monday!

I'm back!  How was your weekend? I was busy demonstrating the new Trimcraft Christmas products yesterday which was very enjoyable and in fact I have another couple of months of demos coming up.

I'm up on the Tubby Craft blog with a tutorial on the spotlight technique today.  This technique is used to emphasise particular areas of a card and I've shown two different ways this can be done using the Wishes with Magnolia stamp set.




To begin, I took the stamp set and positioned the stamps individually before stamping with my stamp platform.  I then used a couple of circular dies and die cut areas from the image I created.




I am drawn to colour pencils at the moment so I used my Chameleon pencils to colour in the images within the circles.

For my second card, I decided to stamp using a different composition of the stamps and use only one die.  This time I wanted the focus to be on the flowers around the spotlight so I coloured in the images around the die cut circle.


I've a jammed packed week ahead so I must get on and I hope you have a good week!

See you again soon!
Shabneez 

Products Used:
Tubby Craft Wishes with Magnolia Stamp Set
Tubby Craft Dye Ink – Jet Black
Nesting Dies - Circle and Tag
Chameleon Pencils
Everything else from my stash





15 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez your cards are gorgeous. I love the designs. It sounds like you had a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shabneez, these are just so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spotlight technique and your post is gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful cards and great designs Shabneez
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Shabneez. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I have never tried this technique, thanks for the inspiration, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Shabneez, pretty stamps and I love the spotlight technique.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Shabneez and loving this technique.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Shabneez. Beautiful flowers and colours. Glad your demo went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards look gorgeous with you. It's been a long time since I did selective colouring of an image like this. I should try it again.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love spotlight cards and these are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty cards Shabneez, love that technique.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful cards, I love this spotlight technique and 1 I should use more. Thanks for reminding me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete