18 October 2019

Back To Black - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I've had a good week and am all set for half term - I can't wait as we've some fun stuff planned.  Just hope it stays dry.......

The Daring Cardmakers are hosting a very interesting challenge this week.  Svenja has asked us to use black as a main colour or as a distinctive element on our creations.


This was a tough one for me and I had to have a big think.  Then I got the idea in my head that I wanted to go for a silhouette coupled with the use of distress inks.  I don't hink I will ever tire of playing with distress ink combinations and the magic that happens when you add water.  I went on to heat emboss the stamped image to give a beautiful glossy effect.


After die cutting an aperture to frame my creation, I used an embossing folder to add texture.  I think it works well, don't you?  You can see a lot more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team HERE and I hope you'll join in!

My Trimcraft Christmas demos are continuing and I am going to be at The Range in St Albans this Sunday so please come and say hello if you're around.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Stampin Up Embossing Folder
Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink Pad
Sweet Dixie Fairy Mushrooms Stamp Set
Everything else from my stash

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card today, great stamp and beautiful background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Shabneez, loving the silhouettes and background.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card Shebneez....Love the stamps and the background....have fun with your Boys...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Shabneez. A lovely silhouette scene and the black surround really shows it off really well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this fabulous fairy card, and the scene.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Shabneez, I never get fed up of detress inks either and you've created a great background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created such a beautiful, magical atmosphere on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Shabneez, you have created a wonderful silhouette scene.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous silhouette card Shabneez.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a gorgeous design. Love the colours with the black and I really like the embossing to. TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete