13 November 2019

Penguins! - Tubby Craft DT Tutorial

Happy Wednesday!

Midweek already and I've happily blitzed the cleaning ready to get some crafting done.  My kind of day!

I'm sharing a quick tutorial on creating Christmas cards using the Penguin Love stamp set together with a couple of the latest Tubby Craft stencils.   These would be good to make in batches so you could make your backgrounds in one go and stamp, colour and cut out your penguins another time.   


To begin, I stamped both my images on watercolour paper and then used the Tubby Craft inks with a water brush to colour them in.  I fussy cut them out ready to use on my cards.


For my first card I decided to give some texture to the inked background and I did this by using a foam pad through the stencil.  I dabbed it as I didn't want a smooth look.  I wanted an icy cold look.


I used 3 shades of blue and then stamped some snowflakes on top.  My stencilled background was then matted onto a plain white card blank and I added one of the fussy cut images together with my stamped sentiment.


For my second card I used 3 bright colours through the stencil but I masked off part of it as I wanted a clear area for my penguin.


Within the clear area I stamped a couple of very cute hearts from the same set.  I die cut a strip and stamped the sentiment to finish.


I have some images ready coloured so I will definitely make a few more backgrounds to go with them which'll mean I can assemble them all in one go!

See you on Friday!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Tubby Craft Penguin Love Stamp Set
Tubby Craft Stencils 02 and 04
Tubby Craft Dye Inks in Raspberry, Aqua Blue, Jet Black, Sapphire Blue, Imperial Red, Pink, Mustard Yellow, Chinese Blue and Lead Grey
Everything else from my stash










13 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez your cards are gorgeous those penguins are so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards....just love the image and the backgrounds...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Shabneez, love the sweet penguins and backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute penguins and great backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Shabneez - beautiful backgrounds.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the penguins and the background Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute penguins and fab cards. I loved seeing your step by step of how you created them.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is fabulous. The colours and that stamp is just so good as is your colouring and design.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super cards Shabneez, cute penguins and you have created two fabulous backgrounds.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stencilling and those penguins are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete