10 January 2020

Feeling Blue - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy New Year!

How are you? It feels like such a long time since I last blogged but a lot has happened since my last post.  December was manic with work commitments and commissions then as soon as the school holidays began we went on a much needed family break to Rome.  It was absolutely wonderful - fabulous weather, delicious food and stunning historical sites.

The boys are back to school now and I only started crafting again earlier this week.  In fact this is the first card I've made this year!  Being the beginning of a new month it's the elemental challenge on the Daring Cardmakers and it's entitled 'Feeling Blue' and is paying homage to the 2020 Panetone Colour of the Year.


I chose my Zig Clean Color Pens to colour my flower and it was just so relaxing.  I do miss colouring when I haven't done it for a while.  I used a stencil with distress inks for my background and added a sentiment to finish.  A simple one to start the year I think!


Here is the image from which you need to choose at least 3 elements.  I chose the flower, colours and tile style background.


You can find lots more inspiration from my fellow DT members HERE.  Hope you'll join in!

Have a great weekend and see you again soon!
Shabneez

Products Used:

CAS-ual Fridays Heartfelt Sayings Stamp Set
Ranger Distress Ink
CrafTangles Celebrate You Stamp Set
CrafTangles Stencil
Zig Clean Color Pens




16 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. You have had a busy time. Rome is a fabulous place to visit. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Shabneez, the image really pops with that stenciled element behind it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shabneez, love the stencilling in the background which enhances the flowers beautifully.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Shabneez the colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you back on your blog, Shabneez. Your card is fabulous, a really beautiful design. Glad you had a good time in Rome, it's a beautiful city with so much to see and do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, love the stencil details.
    Glad you had a good time in Rome it's beautiful city xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Shabneez. Glad you had a good break and what a lovely card to start the year.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Shabneez
    Happy New Year
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love the beautiful flower stamp and delicate stencilled background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I am loving this stamp and gorgeous colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Shabneez....love the flower stamp...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this - its so beautifully elegant.
    Just like me..... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Shabneez - that background is absolutely lush!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Shabneez, I love everything about it.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete