15 May 2020

Keep It In The Family - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I miss my family - a lot.  A hundred miles never seemed far but it feels like it at the moment. 

It's International Family Day and that's the Daring Cardmakers theme for their challenge to celebrate our families near or far!  With this in mind I actually thought of my Mum when I made this card.  I think of both my parents daily but Mum in particular as we are fasting and I remember how much effort she used to put into making special meals for us when we were young.


I've used the Maggie Holmes 'Heritage' paper pad for my creation in celebration of my Mum.  I've used bright colours and flowers as they are her favourites.


I've matted and layered papers from the pad and fussy cut elements.  The only additions I made are for texture - so a little fabric and pearls finished it off nicely.

Lots more inspiration from the Design Team HERE.

Hope you'll join in and see you again on Sunday for a sneak peek of new releases from Time for Tea Designs.

Have a lovely day,
Shabneez

Products Used:

Everything else from my stash


13 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. What lovely memories you have of your mum. I hope you get the chance to make many more. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Shabneez, lovely papers and great sentiment.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colourful card Shabneez love the papers and texture -your Mum will love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layers and textures on this wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Shabneez
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, Shabneez. Great design and a lovely sentiment. Hope it won't be too long before we are all able to see our families again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulously designed creation, most gorgeous colours too.x

    ReplyDelete

  8. Apologies I accidentally deleted All of my comments and emails into the trash and can't retrieve them, but I thank you for taking time to comment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Shabneez, lovely vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow super sunny happy crad Shabneez ... it must be very hard to be far away from your parents at Ramadan time ... hope all is well with you all ... at least the weather is being kind ... take care and stay safe ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely family card. Hugs, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful card! I love the bright colours and all the little details and pictures you added.
    There's so much to see on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely bright card Shabneez, I'm sure your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete