03 June 2020

Bear Hugs & Donuts

Happy Wednesday!

After making this card yesterday I'm actually craving doughnuts!  I must admit I'm not so fond of the colourful glazed ones but am definitely partial to a sugared one.  How about you?


I've had a doughnut card in my head for a long time as I wanted to incorporate the stamped bear holding the doughnut.  The bear and doughnut were coloured with my Chameleon pens and I added some glossy accents to the little doughnut to add a sheen.


I bought the Splish Splash stencil from the new release last week as I thought it would be versatile and it is!  I used it to ink through my doughnut with the stencil and distress oxide ink that started reacting in the heat so I got quite a realistic glaze!  I added Tonic Nuvo drops for sprinkles.  Distress oxide inks work really well on coloured cardstock as the ink sits on the card as opposed to getting absorbed into it like with Distress inks.

I hope you enjoyed this post and see you again later on in the week!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Time for Tea Designs Splish Splash Stencil
Time for Tea Designs Best Fishes Banner & Border Die Set 
Tonic Nuvo Drops






11 comments:

  1. oooh so cute is this and no donuts, well I had one two days ago...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous doughnut shaped card and cute little bear-I prefer the sugared ones too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. That bear is so cute. I quite fancy a doughnut right now. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, yummy ... that looks great! I love your cute card! To be honest ... I only like doughnuts on cards (I prefer cakes in real life!). The more colourful, the better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Shabneez, such a cute image and great design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicious and yummy card, the bear is so cute.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, could always eat a donut...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delicious card Shabneez! Love the cute bear.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Shabneez, great design. Doughnut have to be full of jam for me! Jam doughnuts are my favourite sort of cake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEK, this is SUPER cute, I just love that little bear (and WHO doesn't love donuts???)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your doughnut card Shabneez, such a brilliant idea!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete