18 October 2017

The Festival of Lights - CrafTangles DT

Happy Wednesday!

I'm up on the CrafTangles blog HERE with a couple of celebratory cards for Diwali.  Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by Hindus and Sikhs.


You won't be surprised to learn that I have used 'light' as the theme for both my makes.


For my first card I've tried to highlight the diva lamp, keeping the rest of the card monochrome, bar the yellow border.  I've masked the lamp and used distress inks to create the glow from flame.


On my second card the fireworks are lighting up the sky and I used the appropriately named 'Fireworks' stencil with both distress oxides and heat embossing.  Don't the family look colourful in their traditional outfits?

There's a lot more detail on my makes over on the CrafTangles blog.

See you on Friday!
Shabneez

Products Used:
CrafTangles Diwali Wishes Stamps
CrafTangles Diwali Greetings Stamps
CrafTangles Cardstock in Cobalt Blue
CrafTangles Cardstock in Fiery Yellow
CrafTangles Stencil - Fireworks
Distress Oxides
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
Ranger Embossing Powder in Silver
Ranger Embossing Powder in Gold
Tonic Nuvo Embossing Powder in White
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Pens
All adhesives from Six 2 Anything
Everything else from my stash


18 comments:

  1. these are very sweet and lovely cards Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Diwali Shabneez! Have a fun day tomorrow! Such cute cards.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your cards are gorgeous. Have a wonderful time. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous and wishing you a happy Diwali!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very beautiful Diwali cards - I love the one with fireworks, it is so colourful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Shebneez...Have a Happy Diwali with all your Friends..Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time Shabneez, two wonderful cards.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely Shabneez. I especially like the candle one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards Shabneez. I love the bright colours of the family's clothes. Creatie Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely cards Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two super Diwali cards, Shabneez. I especially love the monochrome one with the pop of yellow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb work Shabneez. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Shabneez, we live in Leicester and they have been celebrating Diwali big time here xx

    ReplyDelete