24 April 2019

How To Use Stencils with Liquid Watercolours - CrafTangles DT

Happy Wednesday!

The boys have gone back to school and it's so quiet in the house.  I do miss them.  We had a really good break, taking the opportunity to recharge our batteries whilst catching up wth friends and family.

I'm up on the CrafTangles blog today using liquid watercolours with stencils.  I'd never thought to use this combination before, probably because I tend to rely on inks with my stencils! 


I truly enjoyed creating these cards as when I first started out I didn't know what I'd accomplish.  It was exciting lifting the stencil to see the creation - doesn't take a lot does it?!

First up, I used the Dream Big stencil and a few colours of inks.  I managed to create a slight ombre effect with the lettering from dark to light blue then added splashes of yellow and pink. 


I finished the card by adding Tonic Nuvo drops which I treated myself to from the Create & Craft Birthday event.  I absolutely love the shades and the texture you can create with them.

Next I used just 2 colours of liquid watercolours and painted through a corner of the Net Lace stencil.


The effect that was created reminded me of tie and dye.  I spattered egglant watercolour to finish and die cut a part of it to stick on my card.  I added some washi tape and a sentiment to finish.

For my final creation I remembered to take a photo of my creation before I took the stencil off!


From this you can see how I've taped down the watercolour card onto my glass mat and used the left over colours on my mat to make this creation.


Being such a fan of rainbow colours, I couldn't bear to cut this one up other than to matt it on to black card to make it pop.  I added a die cut sentiment to finish.  It's definitely my favourite of the three.  So tell me, which do you like the most?

Enjoy the rest of your week,
Shabneez

Products Used:
CrafTangles Liquid Watercolours
CrafTangles Dream Big Stencil
CrafTangles Net Lace Stencil
CrafTangles Geometric Bursts Stencil
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops
CrafTangles Cardstock
Everything else from my stash

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez your cards are stunning. I love the colours you have used. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautifullllllllll Shabneez
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, I love the colours. I have just done the same with a stencil and Brusho's it is a cool technique.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've made the stencil the main attraction with these Shabneez - a good lesson too, as I admit that I mostly see them as a way to fill in some of that scary 'white space'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking cards and fab you have used the stencil as the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous ideas you have to use stencils in different styles. Great inspiration today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Shabneez, a bit of messy crafting!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete