23 February 2018

Spring Has Sprung! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How are you?  It feels like such a long time since my last blog, yet it's only been slightly over a week! 

The Daring Cardmakers has a new challenge set by Svenja who has asked for the use of stencils and fresh green as Spring is around the corner!  Lots more wonderful inspiration from the Team HERE.

I'm lucky as I only received a new batch of stencils earlier in the week from CrafTangles and there was one that caught my eye which I thought would be perfect for this challenge.


I also had an idea in mind to use ombre as I took inspiration for this challenge from my garden.  There are so many shades of green in it and I wanted to merge them together.

I made a background with the distress inks and then used the stencils with the same colours.  I stamped Happy Birthday in black as I wanted the sentiment to show but didn't want it to take over the background I'd made.

I thought I'd end this post with a bit of Spring from our garden:


I'm hoping to be back over the weekend with another blog post.  

Bye for now!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
CrafTangles Stencil - Leaves
Dovecraft Happy Birthday Stamp
Everything else from my stash

18 comments:

  1. Lovely card - fresh a spring-like x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shabneez. I love the different shades of green you have used. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely spring filled card today Shabneez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez this is a gorgeous card I love the bright fresh colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and love the daffodils, a sure sign spring is on its way.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Shabneez, lovely spring colours.
    Your daffodils are beautiful.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Shabneez, lovely image.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Shabneez, I love how you've incorporated all the shades of green. TFS the photo of the daffodils, a great reminder that spring is on it's way, even if it doesn't feel like it this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Shabneez. Lovely daffs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Shabneez. Fabulous design and wonderful ombre effects xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card for spring and a great picture Shabneez!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Shabneez... can't wait for Spring to arrive x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Shabneez, I love all the different greens on the leafy fronds.
    Jealous of your daffodils, we aren't so far away from you but none of ours are even in bud yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That’s a beautiful stencil Shabneez and the various shades of green suit it perfectly - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, Shabneez! Love the delicate stencil and the different colours you've used - so light-handed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a simple and effective approach to the challenge, I LOVE the fresh greens, thanks for showing your daffs, I've seen signs of bulb life in my garden but so far no flowers, spring is slow to reach Derby I think lol! Love & hugs - Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete