15 March 2019

Stitch It! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It's my turn to host the challenge on the Daring Cardmakers this week and I have chosen to 'Stitch It!'.  I'd like you to incorporate stitching in any way on your card be it real or faux!  You can see lots more inspiration from the Design Team HERE.


This is actually one of the Show samples I did for the We R Memory Keepers Stitch Happy Pen Show on Create & Craft.  It was the last sample I did and so I wanted to incoporate a couple of the templates - in this case the 'hello' and the leaf together with some free hand sewing to see how easy it was.

With the templates in the kit you have to trace through them then stitch.  With the freehand stitching at the bottom I made a basic pattern but I didn't want to go to the effort of drawing so I just did some straight lines and it was really quick and easy to do.


Above you can see a close up of one of the leaves which was a template and I have sealed it with sticker paper to stop the stitches from unravelling underneath before cutting it out.

I'd definitely recommend using the Stitch Happy Pen with 2 sheets of card stuck together in order to get the best result.  I found if I was using a single sheet, no matter how thick the weight of the card the pen would bend my card through the square or I'd get huge holes as the pen would go through too easily.

Have a great weekend whatever you do.  I'm at The Range in St Albans this Sunday with the latest Trimcraft collections.

Shabneez

Products Used:
We R Memory Keepers Stitch Happy Pen
First Edition Wanderlust Paper Pad
Everything else from my stash





18 comments:

  1. Great card. It's nice to see difderent things incorporated into cardmaking.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Shabneez, love the stitching.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Shabneez, very neat stiching x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez your card is stunning. My thoughts are with you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Shabneez, reminds me of Websters punch I used to do a long while ago.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solve the pop of yellow against the greys! Lots of lovely detail and texture with the stitching too, fab card Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gadget, love the leaves and stitched sentiment. Great design and colour palette.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plenty of stitching 5ere Shabneez, a lovely card!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully stitched card, take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun challenge, Shabneez
    Love your card and the way you've shown off that stitching tool. May have to indulge in one....

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super card Shabneez, fabulous stitching.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tool for the stitching and love your delightful card...I will be away for April and May so although I will have scheduled posts for design teams I will not be able to comment on your blog...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this and I so need one of those pens. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shabneez....Brilliant card....love all the stitching......love the pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card, Shabneez. What a useful stitching tool. xx

    ReplyDelete