24 July 2020

Three Musketeers! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It's been a good week with lots of outdoor activities.  No matter how old my boys get we still enjoy going to feed the ducks and swans.  We are lucky to have a nature reserve walking distance from us so visit it often.  I still remember taking the boys in their buggies!!!

Joanne from the Daring Cardmakers has found out that it’s the birthday of author Alexandre Dumas today - The Three Musketeers is probably his most famous work so she'd like to see three of anything on your cards this week.


I recently bought a preloved stamp set and as it had 3 flowers in the vase it was ideal for the challenge!  I smooshed my background with oxide inks and I loved the more muted shades that I got on my second sheet of card.  I usually do a couple to mop up the inks as I hate wasting it.


The flowers and vase were paper pieced and I used paint with my stencil that I dabbed to give more texture.  I love the 'Take time to do enjoy the little things' sentiment which I heat embossed to finish.  I kept this really simple as I felt it didn't need anything more and I wanted the flowers to be my focal point.

You can see lots more inspiration from the DT HERE and I do hope you'll join in!

See you again tomorrow!
Shabneez

Products Used:

Aall & Create Flourishing Vase Stamp Set
Aall & Create Lotsa Dotz Stencil
Distress Oxide Inks 
Acrylic Paint
Everything else from my stash


10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and gorgeous colours. I too have been outdoors a lot so hence not a lot of crafting, it's good for the mind and energy levels. Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. We have a country park on our doorstep with walks down to the river. It is so good to have these things close by. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shabneez, I love the background you've created x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and love the colours. The stamped image is wonderful. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Shabneez - loving that background. Have a good weekend.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW absolutely stunning Shabneez -fabulous background love the stamps and colour combo-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Shabneez, so soft and delicate.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love all the structure in the background. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the inky background and the sketchy style of the flowers in the vase - great card Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such gorgeous colors on this image, lovely Vase and great background! WOW

    ReplyDelete