05 October 2018

October Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

What a week it's been!  I've had a great week working with Pinkfresh Studio products and then celebrating our wedding anniversary.  I was treated to a delicious Thai lunch and a make your own tiramisu for dessert!

So, it's the first Friday of the month and an elemental challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers.  I fell in love with the images and colours Dawn chose for this one.  I had an idea in my head and then just played around with it once I had decided on what elements to use.


For the leaves I smooshed a background using various autumnal colours of distress inks then I die cut them out.

I made the pumpkin using 3 ovals that I die cut and inked then overlapped together.   I've seen the pumpkins made with more ovals so you can play and see what works best for you.


Below you'll see the beautiful board that Dawn has chosen.  I love all the colours and elements and when you join in you simply have to choose 3 elements.  I have chosen the leaves, colours and the pumpkin. 


I do hope that you will join in and I look forward to seeing your creations.  You can see more inspiration HERE.

I am on my travels again this weekend and will be at The Range in Romford on Sunday from 11am with some Trimcraft Christmas demos.

See you next week!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Dovecraft Leaf Mini Dies
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Sizzix Stitched Oval Dies by Tim Holtz
AC Moore Paper Pad
Clearly Besotted Stamp Set

I would like to enter this card into the Double 'D' Challenges

20 comments:

  1. Wow Shabneez, you told me you wanted to make a card for our challenge and that you did. ♥ aNNie
    Love your creativity here, the colours are spectacular and thanks so much for entering into our challenge theme, "scarecrows and or pumpkins" Challenge. Your card is fabulous and love the super design and colours. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw. ♥ DOUBLE D ♥
     [aNNie DT member for Double D Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Shabneez. Such a fabulous card.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I just love the design. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just love that colour great card.
    I had burnt orange Gerberas for my wedding flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, love the autumnal colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME! Love the blue background and your fall leaves are so realistic! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Scare’n Up Some Pumpkins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Shabneez, such a pretty blue background and fabulous Autumnal details.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours and Autumnal elements, fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Shabneez. The colourway is lovely and your pumpkin looks fantastic.
    Belated Happy Anniversary, have a good demo on Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design. Love the background and the leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shabneez just love your pumpkin card … hope you had a super anniversary … we love thai food hope you are having a great weekend … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Wedding Anniversary. Your pumpkin is brilliant and the layout is fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic colours on this beautiful card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your take on the inspiration Shabneez, the pumpkin looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Those colours are awesome, don't you think? I like the clever pumpkin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card, Shabneez, a clever way of making the pumpkin. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this pumpkin card Shabneez, so colourful!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete