19 October 2018

We Make a Good Pear - Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Happy Friday!

Parents Evening is over and it's half term next week.  It's come round so fast but we have some activities planned so hopefully the weather will stay dry......

Over on the Daring Cardmakers Joanne has set the Challenge this week and based it on Apple Day as that's what it is today.  Now, before you say what a rebel I've been not using an apple she has said any tree fruit can be used - so there! Ha!


I decided to use a Market Fresh Spellbinders die and stamp set which I won some time back but hadn't got round to using.  I used both distress inks and oxides to colour the avocado pears as I love the chalky finish I  get with the oxides and the brighter finish with the distress inks.  I die cut and embossed the circle for matting and layering and stamped the sentiment from the same set onto a heart die cut.  To finish I've just added some gems.

There's lots more inspiration on the Daring Cardmakers blog HERE so get out those tree fruit stamps and dies and join in!

I have my final Trimcraft Christmas demo this week at The Range in Thurrock this Sunday.  It's been a great few weeks meeting new and experienced crafters alike.  

Enjoy your weekend and see you again early on in the week,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Spellbinders Market Fresh - The Pearfect Avocado Stamp & Die Set
C&C Gingham cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides
Taylored Expressions Embossing Folder
Stitched Circle and Heart Dies
Everything else from my stash



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the pears and just spectacular design.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever card Shabneez. Great design!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, great design, pears and sentiment.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the design and sentiment. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Shabneez, I love the pink and green together.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a card. Great sentiment with the images.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Shabneez, I hope the weather stays good for you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great play on words Shabneez, I love this fun card.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Shabneez. Love the fresh colours and fun sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card, Shabneez. I love the sentiment, perfect for your lovely card design. xx

    ReplyDelete