26 April 2019

99 Balloons - Daring Card Makers DT

Happy Friday!

Not one but two blog posts in a week - not sure what happened there?!!!  I'm up on the Daring Cardmakers blog today where the theme is '99 Balloons'.  Now even I couldn't manage that many but with a little masking I managed to add some extra balloons to my stamped image.


I've used a favourite Time for Tea Designs Stamp set that has an adorable array of cats on it and one just happened to be holding balloons.  I coloured in the image using my Chameleon pens.  Being as the cat was going to hold a fair few balloons, I decided to do a sky background using a stencil and distress inks to show the cat floating in the air.


For the balloons I decided to use my new Nuvo Jewel drops as they dry transculent and give a realistic look to them.  It was a little challenging to take a decent photo but you can see the raised effect created above.

I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set in white and matted and layered on black card to finish.

You can see a lot more inspiration for the challenge by my fellow DT HERE so I hope you'll join in and we look forward to seeing all your balloon themed cards!

I'm teaching tomorrow and on Sunday I can look forward to my son's birthday party.  He's ever so excited!

Enjoy your weekend and see you again next week,
Shabneez

Products Used:

Time for Tea Mew Are Pawsome Stamp set
Chamelon Markers 
CrafTangles Create A Scene Stencil
Nuvo Jewel Drops
Ranger Distress Ink
Momento Black Ink
Ranger White Embossing Powder
Everything else from my stash

16 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez your card is stunning. I just love that cute image. Have a great weekend. Happy Birthday to your son. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I just adore this cute image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image on this lovely card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet card Shabneez, such a cute image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, cute card Shabneez. Even though I'm not keen on moggies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image of the cat floating away with the balloons, fabulous backgroound and sentiment too.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable image - love your background.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shabneez love your purffect little card ... I just love that cute kitty image. Have a great weekend. and I hope you had a super birthday with your son... thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cared is a real cutie! Just loved the gloss on the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really cute card Shabneez, love the cloud background.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, love it, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Shabneez....love the cute image....Just got back from Norfolk...picked up two new babies owl....Will take some photos over the weekend...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder where teh balloons are taking him? Cute image, great sky, love it!

    ReplyDelete