08 December 2017

Step Away From The Cards - Tags, Labels & Toppers - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I had to take a photo in the rain yesterday - first time for everything I suppose!  It was so dark and dismal inside that I just couldn't get enough light.  If you look closely enough you can see the water droplets!

So, the Daring Cardmakers are stepping away from the cards once more and have been working on tags, labels and toppers.  You can see lots of inspiration HERE.


I've fallen in love with Christmas Puddings.  They're very popular at the moment and I just think they're really rather cute.  However, the love story ends there as I don't like eating them - I'd much rather have a mince pie!

I thought I'd have a go at making my own as I didn't have any relevant dies or stamps.  I used a circle die to cut the pudding out of corrugated card then die cut a partial circle from a wavy die for the top.


I added felt holly leaves and wooden painted berries on the top.  I used various papers from the First Edition Merry Little Christmas pad and added washi tape and ribbon to embellish.

It's a fun challenge so I hope you'll join in.

All being well, I hope to see you again next week!
Shabneez 

Products Used:
First Edition Merry Little Christmas Pad
Sizzix Dies
Stix 2 Anything adhesives
Everything else from my stash



16 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning tag I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful seasonal tag! Love the pudding.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tag Shabneez, lovely papers and fun Christmas Pudding.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Shabneez, love this paper myself, what a great Christmas pud.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun tag Shabneez!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag, Shabneez, very clever way to make the Christmas pudding. I'm not keen on eating Christmas pudding either, I'd much rather have a pavlova! 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, Shabneez - I love your Christmas pud! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shabneez...Great tag...love the big pudding die...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Shabneez, great papers and a really cute pudding. I love Christmas pudding, I would happily eat it year round. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely Christmas tag Shabneez, love your die cut pud!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag, the wet wood actually makes a great backdrop. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea on how to make the Christmas pudding and the papers are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea, the pudding is great.

    ReplyDelete