09 November 2018

Winter Flowers and Foliage - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

Well, I made it - in the nick of time!  You know, I really commend those bloggers who blog daily like Linda, Holley and Annie who I follow - I couldn't do it as it is so time consuming.

The Daring Cardmakers are still in festive mode and would like to see winter flowers and foliage on your cards this week.  After yesterday's blog post I had an idea in my head but it didn't quite turn out the way I intended it to.  In other words I'm not happy but I didn't have time to do anything different!


My idea was to make a one layer card and use alternative colours on traditional flowers.  I managed to succeed in that because I used pink and turquoise for the poinsettia and foliage.  I used distress inks to paint the heat embossed image.  

It was the background I had the issues with as it came out different to what was in my head and part of me wishes I hadn't bothered with it!  Oh well, I might try again another day.

I actually used the stamp in a different way - off the page.  I got the idea from Joanne who stamped a bauble in the similar way in last week's DCM challenge (thank you Joanne!).  My stamp didn't cover the width of my card and looked a little odd in my opinion so I masked what I had stamped and rotated the stamp so I could add another poinsettia and a little more foliage.

So there we have it, bet the my teamies didn't have as much trouble as I did!  Lots of wonderful  inspiration from them can be found HERE.  I do hope you'll join in with the Challenge!

Enjoy your weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Distress Inks
CraftTangles Holly Jolly Stamp set
CrafTangles Christmas Ornaments Stamp set
Ranger Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad





17 comments:

  1. I think your card looks very nice indeed. I love the background.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, love the background and beautiful image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Shabneez just up my street with all the inks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really striking card, love the image and background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the alternative colours thepink nd turquoise is gorgeous with the embossed image.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks lovely Shabneez! Wonderful soft colour palette and stamped detail.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I love the colours and the stamps you have used. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Shabneez....just love the colours and image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Shabneez you're going to have to do the card you had in mind so we can compare which is best, as this one is gorgeous, the design and colours are brilliant and that background colour is defenetly my favourite part. BEAUTIFUL. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving what you did with the colors, so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Shabneez, I love the colours and the background you have created.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Shabneez, such gorgeous colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Shabneez, I love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card just adore the gorgeous colours and thinking I may case this one with your permission...just love it.
    Thanks re card making each day.....most of my work is pre scheduled for the design teams I am on so although I do love to craft I don't always do it each day, cheating....hehe looks impressive though hey?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely - so unusual and delicate. I like the background, it's so pretty, the colours are perfect for a Winter sunset

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure how I missed this one! I loose to stamp off the page, I think it often sidesteps the “floating image” issue! It turned out beautifully for you and your extra poinsettia and foliage are seamless, great job!

    ReplyDelete