08 May 2020

Inky Backgrounds - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How are you? Lots of flags and bunting on our street today to commemorate VE Day.   The boys are waiting for the Red Arrows that are due to fly over but unsure if we'll see them.

Rizwana has set her first challenge this week on the Daring Cardmakers and she's asked to see inky backgrounds.  I absolutely loved making the background for my card and am so pleased with the way it turned out as I hadn't used paint this way before.  I'm always so reliant on inks so thought it about time I used the paints I had stuck in a drawer.


I realised I have so few flower stamps (odd I know) so I treated myself to a set on sale which is designed by Tracy Evans for Aall & Create.  In fact, I have been inspired by her many tutorials on You Tube which I have been following.


I used a brayer with the paints to start off with, added distress oxide around the edges and distress ink through a stencil.  I used a plastic tube to make the circles of ink and lots of spatters in white and metallic gold.  I love a bit of glimmer as you know.

I cut the flower out a couple of times and layered it then added a sequin mix to the centre to finish.  I love the sentiment 'Take Each Day One Step At A Time'.  I think it's a really appropriate sentiment in light of our current situation.

Have a lovely long weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:

Docrafts Artiste Paints 
Craftangles Alphabet Stencil
CrafTangles Sequin Mix
Everything else from my stash



11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Shabneez, lovely rich colours.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant great sentiment and love the fabulous background -I follow Tracy with her live demos too -she gives some great inspiration
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and fabulous colour, the sentimnet is very apt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, love the colours and wonderful flower.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours, textures and card

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW, love this Shabneez, these colors go so great together, Awesome. it looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card with beautiful rich colours. Thank you for joining in hugs Rizwana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great artsy background with a lovely rich look overall - perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, Shabneez. The background is stunning and I love your colour choice. xx

    ReplyDelete