17 July 2020

Frida Kahlo/Mexican - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It was odd when I read the title of this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge as for the past 2 weeks my little one has been learning about the life and work of Frida Kahlo in his Art lessons and I had been listening intently.  Mexico always conjures up images of bright, bold colours which I love so you might need your sunglasses to see my creation today! Ha!!!


I didn't even know that toucans were native to Southern Mexico until Google told me - the power of Google!!!  Of course I had the perfect stamp set in mind and I began by creating the background using my distress inks through a stencil.


My image was stamped, die cut and coloured with my Chamelon pens and I added glitter to the party hat and glossy accents to the beak.

You can see a lot more inspiration from my fellow DT HERE and I hope you will join in with this fun challenge!

It's an exciting week for me in the blog world next week with lots going on so watch this space!  

Have a lovely weekend,
Shabneez 

Products Used:

Time for Tea Designs Celebrate Sentiment Die
Time for Tea Designs Quilted Square Nesting Dies
Time for Tea Designs Clouds Stencil
Chameleon Pens
Distress Oxide Inks Pads




13 comments:

  1. Lovely Shabneez orange is definitely a fav of mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card....love the bright colours....went to Mexico a long time ago....great place and people....hope you and your family are keeping well?...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colourful card love th little toucan and palm leaves
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I first found out about Frieda Kahlo when our daughter was at secondary school. There is a film of her life. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Shabneez, a real feel good Summer card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and tropical feel, awesome colours and colouring.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card Shabneez, lovely bold colours and great Toucan.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, love the colours.
    Shabneez it's AVFC for my end of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright and beautiful and love the party toucan. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a coincidence and perfect timing! Great card. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colourful take on the theme! Also a great idea to go for an animal motive.

    ReplyDelete