13 January 2017

Something New - Daring Card Makers Challenge

Happy Friday!

This week the Daring Cardmakers were tasked with creating a card using a new technique, fold or something we haven't done before.

When I first started crafting, some 15 years ago, I bought everything I needed to heat emboss. I tried it, didn't like it and sold everything! Over the past few months I've been buying bits and pieces as I really wanted to have another go. You'll be pleased to know I love it!


So, for my inspirational post I decided to use heat embossing together with something else I hadn't tried before. I've had my Distress Inks for some time and use them a fair bit but I've never used them with water, so I did! Loved the effect!

I hope you'll have a look at the other inspirational cards here and have a go at something new yourself!

Enjoy your weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Sarah Hurley Beautiful Botanicals Stamp set
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads
Heat Tool
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
Ranger Embossing Powder
Everything else from my stash

23 comments:

  1. These two techniques work so brilliantly together, what a great idea. I really love the colours you've achieved. so beautiful and vibrant, but soft around the edges - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination of bright and dreamy, this looks fab Shabneez! Watching embossing powder turn as you heat it is almost like magic, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning embossed detail and colour Shabneez! Really lovely project!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love embossing and the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just up my street this card is, love all the inkiness and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you have used. Beautiful card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely coloured background Shabneez which sets off the embossed flowers. So pretty.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shabneez, beautiful card and love the colours so vibrant .
    Hugs Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful and colourful card Shabneez! I love that inky background and the gold embossing really pops! Enjoy your new found embossing passion :) Hugs - Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The gold embossing looks very effective on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the embossing and the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good that you gave it another try after all these years. The heat embossing together with your selfmade background is beautiful! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Shabneez. The background is lovely and the gold embossing really stands out. I'm so pleased you've been inspired to try new, to you, techniques. The results are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vibrant colours and effect on this xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card and so colourful

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this looks fab, love the distress ink colours you have chosen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the background on this, very clever

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning Shabneez. The embossing is fabulous and I love the background. It's great to try something new now and again. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background! And the gold embossing works great on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've made a lovely card. I'm glad you've taken up heat embossing, it's my favourite reason for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. pretty watercoloured card...the embossing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment Karen. I really appreciate it and I hope you'll swing by again. Shabneez

    ReplyDelete