30 August 2018

CrafTangles August 2018 Blog Hop - Glimmer Paste

Happy Thursday!

The August Blog Hop is underway on the CrafTangles Blog HERE and it's all about glimmer paste!


I have to admit I had a lot of fun playing with this medium and using it in different ways.  I love anything that sparkles as you know so this was right up my street!


For my first card I decided to use a black base that I sprayed with a shimmer mist.  I then used the glimmer paste through the cloud stencil.  As you can see, it dried with a green tint on the black even though it went on white.  I stamped my image and used a couple of my new chameleon pens to colour in the bear then stamped the sentiment on a black card mat.


For my second card, I used the exact same fairy dust glimmer paste as my first card above.  This time through a different stencil to give the impression of waves on a distressed ink backing I created.  You can see how the tint of green that was so apparent on the black is much more subtle and there is more of the white.  Once again I used my chameleon pens on the stamped and fussy cut image and added a sentiment before mounting on to a die cut mat.


For my final card I smooshed distress oxides for the background then added green and orange glimmer paste through stencils.  I added dots to finish and stamped the sentiment before mounting on to a black card base.

I hope you can see just some of the ways glimmer paste can be used as highlights, backgrounds and a focal point.

If you are on the blog hop then here are the other blogs you need to visit in order to win one of 2 goody bags!  Good luck!

Rahmat
https://cardsandcookingcorner.blogspot.com/2018/08/craftangles-august-blog-hop.html

Swapna:
https://thedreampages1021.blogspot.com/2018/08/craftangels-august-bloghop-giveaway.html

Shabneez - you are here!

Paru
https://parusperceptions.blogspot.com/2018/08/craftangles-august-blog-hop.html

See you again soon,
Shabneez 

Products Used:
CrafTangles By The Seaside Stamps
CrafTangles Everyday Sentiments Stamps
CrafTangles Hello Baby Stamp Set
CrafTangles Nature Stencil
CrafTangles Rainbows & Clouds Stencil
CrafTangles Roses All Around Stencil
CrafTangles Orange Peel Glimmer Paste
CrafTangles Fairy Dust Glimmer Paste
CrafTangles Green Glimmer Paste
Ranger Distress Inks
Ranger Distress Oxides
Chameleon Pens
Everything else from my stash




37 comments:

  1. Three super cards, love the seahorse one in particular but that rose, the colours are stunning...of course the little moon one is adorably cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards..hello baby card is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards,loved each one of them..lovely use of glimmer pastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glimmer paste on these three gorgeous cards, my favourite has to be the seahorse with the sparkly waves.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Shabneez, love the rose.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shabneez your makes are gorgeous I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them . And thanks for highlighting the context of glimmer paste with the color of the base too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely did the projects...CrafTangles glimmer paste,shimmer mist just uplift your project❤️❤️ and you did very nice way in every project👌

    Hugs

    Rituparna

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just a delightful set of cards, something of everyone here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the cards are great. Thanks for showing different ways to use the glimmer paste. I loved the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Shabneez love your collection of cards so clever and love all your technical jargon lol smooshed distress oxides sounds great fun … hope you are having a great week … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards Shabneez, love them all but the bear is my fave... so cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you have used glimmer pastes. I adore the first card thanks to its cuteness factor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute and gorgeous card, cute and beautiful card and wonderful card Shabneez
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Shabneez..love the colouring!

    Loads of crafty hugs,
    Devika Gujral.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A super collection of cards Shabneez, they are all fabulous but I especially like the first one - such a cute image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three super cards. all different, but equally lovely, shows off the glimmer paste exceptionally well. Great projects!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. great uses of the glitter paste. All three of the cards are great but I really love the orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the feel of whimsy on these cards super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards using the glimmer paste.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards, Shabneez, I love the designs. The effect of the Glimmer Past is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Love the effect of the glimmer paste.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my!!! Your cards are totally adorable! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such cute projects Shabneez, so detailed and full of sparkle.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards, I think my fav is the rose fab colours x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards Shabneez, im so pleased this blog hop is only a handfull of brilliant designers and not onewith 50 in the hop lol. I dont knowwhere you get your inspiration from all the time, just brilliant. I've loved each and ever hop here and everyone's cards are fab! Thankyou for sharing your talent with us all. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cute cards dear...i too love shimmer in my projects...leave a little sparke whatever u create😜😇perfect use of glimmer pastes
    Urja lalwani

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww. . Such adorable cards. I just love the way you incorporated the shimmer in your project. Beautiful😍💓 the first bear one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! Gorgeous creations! Love the baby card a loooot! Super adorable it is :) Beautiful designs and coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful cards Shabneez. Fabulous designs and shimmery colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are lovely. I especially love the baby one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The glimmer paste gives a lovely effect. Great cards Shabneez.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome cards Shabneez! :)
    ~ Priyanka Kantak

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the use of the glimmer paste. Fab cards as per normal Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely cards.The fairy dust glimmer paste is so versatile.Sadly it's not available on hndmd.in for some days now.

    ReplyDelete