06 April 2019

Watercolour Backgrounds - CrafTangles April Challenge Inspiration

Happy Weekend!

I'm up on the CrafTangles blog with a selection of cards made using their liquid watercolours which are very vibrant.  I had a lot of fun making the backgrounds and watching the colours amalgamate was mesmerizing.


For my first card I used Soul Mate, Autumn Blaze and Lemon Tart to create the background and heat embossed a stamp in black.  I matted on to a black background and stamped a sentiment to finish.


Next up I used Lemon Tart, Evergreen and Poolside to create the background but then covered most of it up with a reverse scalloped circle die!  I did some dry embossing with a stencil to add a little more texture before adding die cut butterflies and a sentiment cut from the background.


For my final card I used Grape Jelly, Ripe Plums and Soul Mate to create the background and added a die cut dandelion and heat embossed sentiment.


All these cards are inspiration for the CrafTangles April Challenge in which all you need to do is use water colours in your projects!  You can find more information HERE.


I hope you have a great weekend whatever you do and if you happen to be in Hemel Hamstead I will be doing a Trimcraft demo on Sunday from 11am at The Range which has just opened there!

See you again soon,
Shabneez

Products Used;
CrafTangles Liquid Watercolours in Poolside, Evergreen, Autumn Blaze, Lemon Tart, Soul Mate, Grape Jelly and Ripe Plums
CrafTangles Beautiful Bloom Border Stamp
CrafTangles Paisley Background Stencil
PoppyStamps Fluttering Butterflies
Lawn Fawn Reverse Stitched Scalloped dies
Sizzix Make A Wish die
Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Ranger Silver Embossing Powder
Everything else from my stash

12 comments:

  1. fabulous background and beautiful cards Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Shabneez, loving the colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such beautiful backgrounds on these lovely card today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Shabneez. The colours and designs are wonderful. I hope your demo went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love these backgrounds which have been made into gorgeous cards. Hope you had a great day demoing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Shabneez, you have created some fabulous backgrounds.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Shabneez, those backgrounds are right up my street x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shabneez your cards are stunning I love them all. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colours are just so vibrant - absolutely stunning. I love the way you've used the various backgrounds, it all works perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards, Shabneez. Your backgrounds are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing selection of cards, love your coloured backgrounds Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete