11 October 2019

Use Up Your Scraps - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How has your week been?  I've had a challenging week, basically there aren't enough hours in a day and I'm learning I have to let go and do what I can.  So long as my deadlines are met of course!  I have a man down today - always sad when they're not bouncing around but hopefully he'll be better after some rest over the weekend.

The Daring Cardmakers are encouraging us to use up scraps this week with their latest challenge.  I always end up with lots of scraps when I craft and this happens more at my demos so I'm showing you one way I use them up!


Scraps are perfect for making impossible cards as you need smaller pieces that you wouldn't normally use on other cards and they don't have to be the same design either.


I have used the Paper Addicts Magical Stories paper pad for my impossible card and added some Dovecraft Washi Tape, a mini glitter envelope and a Merry Chrismas die.  I've kept it simple so the papers are highlighted on the card.

Speaking of Trimcraft Christmas Demos, I am at The Range in Stevenage this Sunday and St Albans next week.  The impossible card in various sizes has been going down very well so far with both new and advanced crafters alike.

You can find a lot of examples using scraps by my fellow DT members HERE and I hope you'll join in with this challenge and use up your scraps!

See you again tomorrow!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Paper Addicts Magical Stories Paper Pad
Simply Creative Merry Christmas Die
Dovecraft Christmas Washi Tape Pack
Dovecraft Glitter Envelopes
Everything else from my stash

10 comments:

  1. Great idea using scraps this way. Toure one clever lady.
    Good luck at the Range, I wish we lived near one another as I'd definitely come to your demo's. Hope the little one feels better soon. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, I can't believe it's the weekend again, so here's wishing you a good one.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love the design. I hope the demos go well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shabneez, I have made a couple of Christmas cards today too. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way of using up your scraps, Shabneez, lovely card. I love seeing non-cardmakers trying to work out how to make Impossible cards. Good luck with your demos and I hope your little man recovers soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Shabneez, great papers and super design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! I haven't thought of using my scraps for impossible cards before, but you're so right.
    Great inspiration, Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Christmas card. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete