12 June 2020

Wing It! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

How has your week been?  I've had a very creative one to include some Aboriginal Artwork being completed by my little one!

It's my turn to host the challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers today and my theme is 'Wing It'.  I decided to use dragonflies on my creation.  I made the wings from vellum so they flutter!


I used one of my favourite techniques to begin with - smooshing, using a couple of distress oxide ink pads.  I added glimmer paste through a stencil and then some stamping.


Finally, a little thread and wool to the bottom of my card and some sequins to the dragonflies for added texture.  I really am fond of the sentiment 'With brave wings she flies'.  Sometimes you have to be brave in life - you never know where it may take you!

You can see lots more inspiration from the Design Team HERE and I do hope you'll join in as there are so many possibilities where wings are concerned: angels, fairies, insects, planes etc.

Have a lovely weekend - I hear the sunshine is back next week!
Shabneez

Products Used:

Aall & Create Splattered Numbers Stamp Set
Aall & Create Dragonflies Stamp Set
Time for Tea Designs Say Cheese Stencil
Distress Oxide Ink Pads
Glimmer Paste
Versaclair Ink Pad
Sequins
Everything else from my stash









17 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Shabneez! I love your inky background with some sparkles and the vellum really makes you dragonflies look like they could flutter off at any moment. Gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend.
    Jenny :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie! I love every single thing about this card - the colours, the vellum, the sentiment and everything else. Its a real stunner.

    Loved this challenge, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colours you've created Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, just love the background. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Shabneez. Gorgeous colour blends in the background, wonderful textures and very pretty dimensional dragonflies. I do hope you'll enter this card in the Creative Artiste challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post with stunning stamps, colours and gorgeous creation.. loving all of this. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Shabneez, a fabulous background and pretty dragonflies.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Shabneez. Love the background and the vellum wings are fab.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card Shabneez, beautiful colours.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card love the fabulous background and beautiful Dragonflies with the vellum wings
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Shabneez
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, Shabneez. Love the vellum wings.
    Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous colors and stunning dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with this card! Your background is just so, soooo beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete