07 August 2020

Summer Strawberries! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

Not sure where the week went.  Lebanon has been on my mind a great deal with the loss of so many innocent lives in the recent explosion.  My heart goes out to all the families affected.

Being the first Friday of the month, it is of course the elemental challenge for the Daring Cardmakers and I went all mixed media for this one and thoroughly enjoyed it!  
I dusted off my gelli plate to make the background with some paint and a stencil. I then added distress inks through my stencil and added background stamping together with some dotted lines.

The strawberries were die cut out of paper that I'd brayered over with paint to give more texture.  I added an appropriate sentiment and some tape to embellish.
This is the image that Joanne has chosen from which you need to pick 3 elements, colours count as 1.  I chose the strawberries, lettering, circle, sqaure and colours.  You can see more inspiration from my fellow DT members HERE and I hope you'll join in!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and see you again next week!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Spellbinders Aren't You Sweet Die Set
Aall & Create Lotza Dots Stencil
Aall & Create Totally Dotty Stencil
Tim Holtz Tape
Distress Oxide Ink Pads
Everything else from my stash

12 comments:

  1. Love the mixed media background and the bright pop of colour from the strawberries - great card Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect from the plates. Looks great
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Shabneez, a super background and great take on the inspiration image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab card, I love your mixed media background, and those strawberries look good enough to eat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixed media card fabulous background and love the srawberries
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, love the cute strawberries.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Shabneez. Fabulous background and gorgeous pops of colour with the strawberries.
    So much pain in the world right now, hopefully it will right itself soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful love the gorgeous image and your exquisite design. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card with great background texture .. strawberries looks yummy.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Rozina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shabneez your makes are gorgeous. I love them both. I can understand why Lebanon is so much on your mind. That was a real tragedy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a Berry Sweet card today Shabneez!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Shabneez, a great interpretation from the image.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete