22 June 2019

Split Cards Using CrafTangles Vintage Rosette Paper Pad

Happy Weekend!

At this time of year I always have a large number of thank you cards stored as the school year is coming to an end and not only do I thank the teachers but there are many others I thank on behalf of the boys.  I've taken the opportunity to make a set using the CrafTangles Vintage Rosette paper pad.


Split cards were one of the first types of cards I mastered when I began cardmaking.  I'm sharing a variation on this post. The first is card is a traditional split card where you cut out the middle of a sheet of paper and stick the top and bottom parts back on.  I've added a contrasting colour card in the middle and a topper cut from the paper pad. 


To finish I've added glitter nuvo drops and a die cut sentiment.

Next up I've used the same principle as my first card only the split is vertical, slimmer and to the left of my card.


I've added a doily and matt and layered a topper before adding a die cut sentiment and some nuvo drops to finish.

For my final card I have made the split diagonal and I customised the paper by stamping thanks on it!


I fussy cut one of the flower arrangements from the pad and went around it with ink then added some crystal nuvo drops that give the effect of water drops.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:
CrafTangles Vintage Rosette Paper Pad
Nuvo Vintage Drops
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Nuvo Glitter Drops
Catherine Pooler Ink
Tim Holtz Alterations Dies
Darice Sentiment Dies
Everything else from my stash







14 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez these thank you cards are gorgeous. You are very kind to think of everyone. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 are simply gorgeous. I've seen the diagonal lots of times but never seen the other 2. Really learn a lot from you shabneez, Thankyou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, love the layouts and gorgeous papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Shabneez, lovely vintage papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last card, particularly, is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous collection love them all ! Love the colors !
    Hugs Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, all of them. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of these pretty papers, love the different way you cut and layered them with primary colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vintage cards Shabneez, really pretty.
    Sorry for lack of commenting on your blog, I have just returned from holiday so just playing catch-up!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful, Shabneez. I really love the vintage style papers. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, Shabneez. I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled to receive them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are inspiring, gorgeous and colourful cards.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. All gorgeous - love all the patterns and colours, they're so cheerful and happy

    ReplyDelete