19 July 2019

Have A Prickly Summer - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

Week one of the summer holidays was fun and a lot of it was due to the good weather we have been having - so lots of outdoor fun.

Over on the Daring Cardmakers, Miri has set the challenge this week and an apt one for this time of year.  She wants to see a cactus or cacti on your cards this week.  For me this meant using a freebie stamp from a magazine that I hadn't used before.  It's good when free stamps actually get utilised.  I also realised that I hadn't shared any of my teacher cards this time round and so I made one especially for the challenge that I can keep in my box for next year being as my boys broke up for the summer last week.


This time I used my Catherine Pooler ink pads to create a simple watercolour background and colour in the image using my waterbrush.  I think it's quite effective, don't you?  You can see lots more inspiration from my fellow DT members HERE and I hope you'll join in.

I'm having a catch up with work this weekend as I have spent a lot of time with the boys during the week so have fallen behind a little.  At least it'll give their Dad a chance to spend some quality time with them!

Have a wonderful weekend whatever you do,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Cactus Stamp from Creative Stamping Magazine
Catherine Pooler Inks
Everything else from my stash



17 comments:

  1. Love the loose watercoloured background and that's a fab cactus - great score on the freebie there! Hope the boys continue to enjoy their summer break and you don't have too many cries of "I'm bored!" to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Shabneez, a great image and perfect background.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. It´s fun to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card I love it. That cactus is so cute. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's a wonderful card Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Shabneez, what a brilliant sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Shabneez, such pretty pastel colours. A great idea for a card to thank a teacher.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soft colours on this one. Your background is really clever - I thought you'd stamped the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and I love the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great card and I love the water colour look. I think water colours are perfect for bigger images and bright cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cactus card Shabneez, they are so popular at the moment!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely teacher thank you card. I do love the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Golly I must have missed this fabulous work...sorry, it's just stunning.x

    ReplyDelete