07 February 2020

February 2020 Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I'm relieved it's Friday this week.  It's been a full on week coupled with a child who 'accidentally' poked holes in his school trousers with scissors which hasn't helped.  Funnily enough, it was the same child that cut his tie accidentally exactly 2 years ago according to my FB memory!

Being as it's the first Friday in February it's the start of the Elemental Challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers and I've loved creating the inspiration for this one!


As Valentine's Day is fast approaching I definitely had love on the brain.  I decided to make my own heart mask with a die cut heart and inked around lightly with my distress ink.


I die cut the cacti elements and then began by adding googly eyes but it wasn't enough so I found some foil lip stickers which worked really well.  I heat embossed the sentiment in black to finish.

Here's the moodboard from which you have to choose 3 elements or more - colours count as one.  I chose the colours, the cacti, flowers, hearts and the XOXO.  You can see lots more inspiration from the Design Team HERE.


Have a wonderful weekend and see you again soon!
Shabneez

Products Used:
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Cacti by Debi Potter
Pink & Main True Love Stamp Set
Ranger Distress Ink
Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Everything else from my stash




16 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Shabneez. Lovely background and super fun die-cuts. Enjoy your well earned weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love those cacti they are so cute. Enjoy your weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the cacti with their googly eyes lip stickers-brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this charming card with the cute cacti. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute design, Shabneez! I love the googly eyes on the cacti. I had to smile at the 'accident', it reminded of several 'accidents' when I was teaching in an Infant school. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card Shabneez, I love the fun cacti elements.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous absolutely brilliantly made.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card design Shabneez
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Shabneez very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card, Shabneez. Beautiful for valentines but lovely for so many other occasions too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love your flirty cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card Shabneez. Love those cute cacti!
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the googly eyes and lips, your cacti look very flirtatious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Shabneez, love the cacti!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete