11 June 2021

Up The Flag Pole! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

I'm a little late to the party this week as I am up to my eyes in work.  I can barely see over my desk but I love what I do!!!!  The Daring Cardmakers have a flag themed challenge this week.  Basically you need to take inspiration from a flag that is not from your country.

I will be honest in that I was a little stressed about this challenge but once I got the idea planted in my head by a crafty friend I was away!  I absolutely loved creating the background with my gelli plate and hopefully you can tell by the stars and stripes that I took inspiration from the American flag.

I coloured in my image using my Chameleon pens and added washi tape both as a background for my sentiment and as an embellishment.

You can see more inspiration from my fellow DT HERE and I hope you'll have some fun with us and join in.

I've another work orientated weekend trying to catch up after half term.  I think it'll ease a little after next week is over - at least I hope so!

Have a great weekend and hope the sun shines!
Shabneez

Products Used:

Aall & Create Lil Magic Stamp Set
Aall & Create Washi Tape #6
Gelli Plate
Chameleon Pens
Distress Oxide Inks
Everything else from my stash


9 comments:

  1. Just such a great interpretation! The colours, stripes and stars are all there, and I'm nearly sure there's a fairy on their flag too ;)
    Sorry to have stressed you though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez this is fantastic card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Shabneez, spotted the stars and stripes straight away x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this interpretation of the stars n stripes Shabneez, the little white stars really help the word FUN to pop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shabneez- love the stars n stripes.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Shabneez
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love it. Happy Thursday evening.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweet card Shabneez, you have created a super background and I love the sentiment.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, Shabneez. Very clever design incorporating the American flags stars and stripes.xx

    ReplyDelete