31 January 2020

Layer It Up! - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It's been a very exciting week for me with lots of amazing crafty adventures on the horizon.  I also received some crafty packages in the post together with a very thoughtful card from a fellow crafty friend.

Today I'm hosting the Daring Cardmaker Challenge and I've chosen the theme to be 'Layer It Up!'.  I've used paper layers on my card with an additional layer of wire!


I used items from a couple of my craft packages received namely the die set and the WRMK Happy Jig.  I often buy used items as you can pick up some good bargains and both these certainly were!  This card is centred around the love birds.  I googled what love birds look like and used the bright colours to layer up the die cuts.  


It only took me about 5 minutes to shape the word 'love' on the Happy Jig - it was much easier than I had anticipated.  I definitely think it's a tool I'll be using often and one I recommend for sure.

Lots more wonderful inspiration can be found HERE together with the link to join in with this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see your creations!

We have guests for dinner this weekend so it'll be a busy but enjoyable one once I decide what to cook that is!  I always finding deciding what to cook the most difficult.  

Have a great weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:
WRMK Happy Jig
Sizzix Love Birds Shadow Box Thinlit Dies
Everything else from my stash



12 comments:

  1. Hi Shabneez....ha ha...yes we got the same die set...you have made a beautiful card with yours...love the colours and the Love word...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this beautiful card Shabneez, the birds are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just fabulous, Shabneez. I love the design and the wire sentiment is a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super card - those birds are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. The design is gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Shabneez. Which of the lovebirds is you and which is you OH?

    I have a wire jig somewhere..... another of the fads that came and went. but I can't bear to sell my unloved/unused stuff on...I should do that, but then again, how do I know I 'll never want it again? Its such a predicament....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Shabneez, fabulous love birds and lots of super layers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Shabneez
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable pair of birds and a beautiful card.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute , I really love it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scene you made with the dies and love the metal love
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete