08 January 2021

Pinecone - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

You'll be pleased to hear our first day of home schooling went well - if only every week was a 2 day school week!!!!  

It's the first Friday of the month so an elemental challenge from the Daring Cardmakers.  I've gone all mixed media on this one and thoroughly enjoyed the process too!

My background was a leftover one from brayering paint on my gelli plate and I added layers of stamping to it together with some washi tape.  I stamped and coloured my images with inktense pencils, as they happened to be out on the table, then fussy cut them.

I used distress crayons through a stencil and love the added texture they created.  To finish I added some paste that looks a little like snow.

This is the image from which you need to pick 3 elements.  I chose the colours, pinecone and bird.  You can find lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team HERE and I do hope you'll join in.


Have a lovely weekend and see you next week,
Shabneez

Products Used:

Aall & Create Lotza Dots Stencil
Aall & Create Washi Tape
Distress Oxide Ink Pads
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Everything else from my stash

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous mixed media card and background love the fussy cut images-my grandaughters are home schooling too-best wishes for the New Year
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Shabneez, a super background and lovey image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. We are certainly having a cold spell. Stay safe and take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pinecone stamp and great mixed media feel to this, fab card Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixed media card, gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Shabneez.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super creation Shabneez, so different from your usual style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful created love the style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful love the vintage vibes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Shabneez, very creative.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and love the background that you have created.Love the images you have used. take care Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool! I love your mixed media card and you can tell that you enjoyed the process :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete