23 July 2021

Splish Splash - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

Hasn't it been glorious weather?  Great for the start of the summer holidays as at least the boys can play outside.  It's been a busy week for me but I managed to take time out to celebrate Eid with family.

This week the Daring Cardmakers have a cooling theme - splish splash!  I had a lot of fun making the water themed backgrounds and coupling them with dies and ephemera.


I was a little naughty as I missed last week's challenge due to family commitments so thought I'd make up for it by making 2 cards this week.

My backgrounds were made using distress oxide ink pads and the smooshing technique.  For the first card I framed it with a black stitched circle and die cut 'thank you' in white.  I added a sentiment and a couple of sharks from a pack of sea creature ephemera I bought from Sticker Kitten.  I love a good pun and the set has some really fun ones in with it.


My second card was a lot simpler but I wanted to use up the remaining background so I made another card.


For this one I die cut the 'thank you' on white card then added my background behind it.  I just added an additional sentiment and a dolphin to finish.

You can see more inspiration from the rest of the DT HERE.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Shabneez

Products Used:

Time for Tea Designs Thank You die
Sticker Kitten Sea Creatures Ephemera
Distress Oxide Ink Pads 
Everything else from my stash





9 comments:

  1. Lovely cards and family comes first. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards Shabneez, you created a fabulous background and I like your fun sentiments.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shabneez this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well family come first and foremost.Both beautiful cards and love the cool colours-thankfully cooler here today.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fantastic Shabneez, love the sentiments!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shabneez love your cards ... well done ... and thank you for visiting my blog ... I'm glad I managed to get my blog list back at last but I'm having problems adding people to my blog it but will not be beaten lol ... please watch "this space" ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super fishy cards, Shabneez. xx

    ReplyDelete