14 July 2021

Summer Home Decor Vinyl Project - Collaboration With Craftlabel

Happy Wednesday!

With the summer holidays looming I thought I would share a project that can be done with children, either with some help, or if they are old enough, then they can have a go themselves!  The best part is they can hang it up for everyone to see or even make them as gifts!


I used an embroidery hoop as a frame and painted it with white acrylic paint.  It did not take long to dry at all.  I would recommend painting one side first, letting it dry, and then painting the other side as it can get quite messy otherwise.

For the focal point I used my trusty Cricut and some of the First Edition Digital SVG files.  These are incredibly versatile as they can be resized according to the size of your frame. 


I wanted a summer themed project and used the sun and ‘sunshine’ sentiment from the Baby & Children Digital set, clouds and raindrops from the Nature Digital set and ‘Hello’ from the Sentiments Digital set.  These were just downloaded onto my Cricut and I then resized to fit my frame.

I stuck all the vinyl elements onto Dovecraft Heat Resistant Acetate, which is clear, and the perfect thickness.  I then used a hot glue gun to adhere the embroidery hoop to the acetate.  I cut off the excess acetate that was overlapping the hoop with a pair of scissors.

I thought the frame needed a little something additional; leading me to cut out several raindrops using the First Edition Nature Digital set in both dark and light blue vinyl.  I cut 3 lengths of bakers twine and secured them on to my embroidery hoop.  I stuck a raindrop on one side then turned it over and stuck another on the other side so you don’t even need any glue!  I did that with all 7 raindrops.

To finish the project I added some more bakers twine to the top and knotted it so you can hang it with pride!

Why not take inspiration from this project and have a go in the summer holidays!

Shabneez

 

Products Used:


Acrylic Paints
Cricut Explore Air 2
First Edition 12x12 Bumper Pack Adhesive Gloss Vinyl  
First Edition Digital Dies – Baby & Children
First Edition Digital Dies – Nature
First Edition Digital Dies – Sentiments
Dovecraft Basics Acetate
Dot & Dab Patterned Glue Gun
Dot & Dab Glue Gun Sticks
Dovecraft Precision Scissors
Embroidery Hoop
Bakers Twine




7 comments:

  1. Looks great Shabneez, I like to use embroidery hoops too in projects, looks different too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shabneez this is absolutely gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant project, Shabneez. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully decorated sunny embroidery hoop
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Shabneez, so bright and cheerful, a perfect project for children.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete