07 April 2023

April Elemental Challenge - Daring Cardmakers DT

Happy Friday!

It's been a quiet week as my youngest has gone on a 'holiday' to my Aunt's house.  He loves it there as he cooks with her and my cousin has been entertaining him so they've been out and about.

As it's the first Friday of the month it is the Elemental Challenge over on the Daring Cardmakers and I've been inspired by the photo Dawn picked to make a card for one of my niece's upcoming birthdays.

I used the Tonic Studios 'I love you fairy much' stamp club set.  It's an older set but I love the die set that comes with it as it has such a pretty frame which I die cut in white.  I placed it over a distressed oxide background I created.

I stamped a fairy and a toadstool image out then coloured in with my Nuvo Alcohol markers.  I added a Nuvo clear gloss to the toadstool and a glitter gloss to the fairy wings to finish.


This is the photo Dawn chose and I have picked the colours, toadstool and foliage as my 3 elements.  You can see lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team HERE.

I hope you have a wonderful Bank Holiday Weekend and I'll see you again soon,
Shabneez

Products Used:

Tonic Studios Stamp Club -  I Love You Fairy Much Set
Distress Oxide Inks
Blender Brushes
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Nuvo Glitter Drops
Everything else from my stash

7 comments:

  1. That really is a pretty frame, it looks lovely against the inky background and your fairy looks adorable — lovely her sparkly wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and die-cut frame,love the cute Fairyand distressed background
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely image and a beautiful card Shabneez

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A magical card Shabneez. A beautiful fairy, wonderful background and pretty frame. I hope your son enjoys his little holiday and comes home with some new recipes to try out for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Shabneez. The fairy is framed beautifully.
    Fatima x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Shabneez, so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful. I love the gorgeous background with the beautiful white border of foliage and the fairy just pops.

    ReplyDelete